South London Tenancy Support
South London Tenancy Support helps people to manage their tenancies and keep their homes, and also provides a range of other services to promote independence and well-being. These include learning, development and employment advice to maximise opportunities for everyone to play a part in the life of the community.
South London Tenancy Support Aims
This service focuses on issues such as:
- Sustaining tenancies: Providing support and advice on housing difficulties, e.g. rent arrears or neighbour disputes, as well as crisis intervention for people under the threat of eviction
- Preventing loss of independence: Providing specialist help when an independent lifestyle is at risk due to serious ill health or custodial sentences
- Promoting health and well-being: Facilitating access to health services, encouraging attendance at appointments and promoting healthy eating and exercise
- Maximising income: Ensuring people are aware of any financial support available, advising on benefits and helping with budget planning
- Promoting independent living: Providing advice and activities for developing independent living skills, including literacy, numeracy, IT, cooking and motivational workshops
- Education, employment, training: Offering one-to-one assessments to determine interests and needs.Help to access opportunities, e.g.work placements and courses, including support for people whose first language is not English
- Minimising substance misuse: Identifying and encouraging engagement with appropriate treatment services and preventing relapse through support sessions
- Social inclusion: Supporting and strengthening social networks. Increasing knowledge and engagement with the community and local resources.
South London Tenancy Support Referral Criteria
This service is for anyone living in Southwark or Lambeth who is:
- Aged 18 and above
- Living in any type of housing, including local authority, housing association, private rented and owner-occupied properties or temporary accommodation
- At risk of homelessness or having difficulties with their housing or tenancy.
We accept referrals from statutory and voluntary agencies. Agencies can get a copy of our referral form by contacting us by phone or email. We also accept telephone referrals.
The office is open from 9am-6pm, and visits can be scheduled from 9am-8pm Mondays to Fridays and 10am-4pm on Saturdays.
Members of the public can refer themselves or someone they are concerned about by:
- Calling us free on 0800 840 1203
- Dropping in at our Open Door service
Southwark Tenancy Support Service Delivery
This service is delivered through:
- Tailored support sessions
- An Open Door service (no appointments needed)
Please see below for more information on our Open Door service.
Southwark Tenancy Support's Open Door advice service is based at 55 Bondway, Vauxhall. We can provide advice about housing and benefits and help you decide if you need long-term support.
The Open Door service operates between 9am-1pm Mondays and Tuesdays, 1-5pm Wednesdays and Fridays, 5-8pm Thursdays and 10am-2pm Saturdays.
No appointments are necessary. Even if we are unable to help you ourselves, we will refer you to someone who can.
This service runs a specialist housing-related surgery at a local community treatment centre.
Mondays,1-4pm, drop-in for clients of Lambeth Consortium who have been signposted by a keyworker. (Recovery Space, Pavilion Practice, 9 Brighton Terrace SW9 8DJ)
Wednesdays, 2-4pm, by appointment through key worker Lambeth Harbour, 245 Coldharbour Lane SW9 8RR
Thursdays, 2-4pm, drop-in for clients of SMART SMART, 9a Mitcham Lane SW16 6LG
Fridays, 10am-1pm, by appointment through key worker Lorraine Hewitt House, 12-14 Brighton Terrace SW9 8DJ
Fridays, 3-4 pm, drop-in for clients of Lambeth Consortium who have been signposted by key worker Recovery Space, Pavilion Practice, 9 Brighton Terrace SW9 8DJ
Wednesdays, (fortnightly), 10am-4pm, by appointment for Kappa clients CDP Kappa Project, 231 Old Kent Road, SE1 5LU
Fridays, (fortnightly) by appointment, for clients of Evolve /SARIS CDP Evolve/SARIS, 146-150 Camberwell Road, SE5 0EE
Appointments booked through the keyworker at the above services.