Wandsworth Supported Housing
This service provides accomdodation and low to medium support for people with needs relating to mental health or dual diagnosis
Wandsworth Housing Service Aims
The overarching aim of the project is to provide the support clients require to move towards independence. This includes:
- Helping clients maintain their tenancies and attain the skills and stability they need to move into independent accommodation
- Working in partnership with external agencies to address the full range of clients’ support needs, particularly in relation to substance use, mental health and offending
- Supporting clients towards independence through participation in activities in SHP and the wider community
- Addressing anti-social behaviour and help clients integrate into the local community
- Supporting clients to move into work, education, training when they are ready to do so.
Wandsworth Supported Housing Referrals
The service is for:
- People with a connection to Wandsworth, single, homeless and aged over 18.
- People who have low to medium support needs which prevent them from living independently.
SHP will make an individual assessment about each potential client’s suitability for the service. This is based on the level of their support needs, the capacity of the project to meet those needs safely, and the individual’s willingness to work with staff. It will take into account:
- History of substance misuse
- History of mental ill health
- History of offending behaviour
- Physical health problems
- Equal opportunities
Referrals are accepted primarily from three core sources:
- Wandsworth Homeless Persons’ Unit
- Wandsworth Community Mental Health Teams
- Wandsworth Drug & Alcohol Action Team
Wandsworth Supported Housing Accommodation
The service comprises four shared houses in the Balham and Tooting area, with a total of 27 bed spaces.
All of our properties are large, fullyfurnished, comfortable houses. Each client has their own bedroom, with shared access to kitchens, bathrooms and laundry facilities. Each property also has a communal garden.
The six units at Carminia Road are shared accommodation, for males only.
The seven units at Ormeley Road are shared accommodation for females only.
The Seven units at Lucien Road are shared accommodation for males only.
The Seven units at Beechcroft Road are shared accommodation for males only.
More about Wandsworth Supported Housing
Wandworth Supported Housing upport workers provide visiting support, tailoring their approach to the defined needs of each individual.
A typical tenancy lasts for 18 months to two years, so the support aims to promote independence and the development of life skills in preparation for permanent move-on.
The service holds regular drop-ins from SHP’s enterprise and inclusion team, supporting tenants towards training and employment.
Residents are issued with a tenure agreement and a set of house rules. These will be explained when prospective residents are interviewed. This includes rules on smoking, which is only permitted in residents’ bedrooms.
The service operates within SHP’s drug policy, which covers the use of all drugs including illegal or controlled drugs. In order to offer a secure and stable environment for everyone, no visitors are allowed.
Contact Wandsworth Supported Housing
T 0207 627 1879
F 0207 978 1552