Waltham Forest Substance Floating Support
Waltham Forest Substance Floating Support provides support for offenders with substance misuse issues in Waltham Forest.
Waltham Forest Substance Floating Support Service Aims
The key objective for this service is to enable those with substance misuse issues and offending history to secure and remain in accommodation and reintegrate into the local community. The service aims to:
Waltham Forest Substance Floating Support Referral Criteria
The service is for:
Referrals will be considered on a case by case basis. Referral to the service can be made through any agency for clients who reside within Waltham Forest or on a self-referral basis. Likely sources of referrals will come from:
- Drug and alcohol workers in treatment services
- Community Mental Health Teams
- Probation Officers or DIP workers
- Housing Options Team
- Community safety teams
- The Police Service
Self-referrals can be made by telephone or at SHP surgeries run at the office of Westminster Drug Project (WDP)
If you want to make a referral you can use existing agency paperwork, such as OASys, NTA assessment or triage forms along with the SHP referral form.
Waltham Forest Substance Floating Support Service Delivery
The service is delivered through:
- One to one support: Staff provide keywork sessions in the client’s home, at the office of SHP or another relevant agency, or at another suitable location in the community. The number of hours of support each client receives each week will vary according to their needs, but will probably be more intensive at the start of the service and during any arising crises.
- Crisis resolution: Quick interventions to alleviate immediate and urgent needs such as homelessness, multiple debt, benefits out of payment.
- Advisory sessions: These take place at Westminister Drug Project (WDP).
- Engagement and intervention: Providing support to prepare for clients release from residential rehabilitation and prison
- Support as long as required: (to a maximum of 2 years) and reviewed on a case by case basis.
- First appointment: arranged within 5 days of referral (maximum)
More about Waltham Forest Substance Floating Support
The support provided comprises three main elements:
- Floating support: to help people in any type of accommodation to manage their tenancy and live independently in the community.
- Housing advice and signposting: where structured housing-related support is not appropriate
- Partnership working: To help people engage or maintain engagement with external agencies relevant to supporting their needs.
Contact the team
T 020 8478 8532
F 020 8911 9701