Prolific and Priority Offenders (PPO) Support Service
PPO Floating Support service provides support to for clients to comply with criminal justice orders such as DRRs, ASBOs, and probation licenses.
We also help clients and sustain statutory and voluntary substance treatment and resettlement support.
PPO Floating Support Service Aims
The service aims to:
- To reduce re-offending amongst vulnerable people who are priority prolific offenders through the provision of floating support that focuses on the prevention of homelessness, income maximisation, independence and crime prevention.
- Delivering support with the aim of improving the quality of life and opportunities available to PPO clients and reducing the circumstances that lead to offending.
- Support clients to develop skills, access education, employment and training and other meaningful activities.
- Assist in accessing welfare benefits entitlements, including housing benefit.
The service is for:
- Designated or borderline PPO clients
- Residents of Barking and Dagenhan, Redbridge, Hackney, Havering, Waltham Forest or tower hamlets – either living in the community (in any tenure including of no fixed abode) or in custody
- People aged 16 or above
- People with a Demonstrate need for housing related support to help enable access to housing, set up or prevent the loss of their accommodation and independence
- People willing to engage with the service
- People who have one or more specialist need indentified by the service.
The service supports the following PPO or borderline PPO clients with:
- Mental Health needs
- Substance dependency
- Dual diagnosis
- Long-term medical condition
- History of repeated unplanned loss of accommodation
- Rough sleepers
- At risk of re-offending
- Lack of social skills
- In need of ETE
Enquiries relating to referrals should be directed to the service manager. Referrals can be made using the following paperwork:
- NOMs Offenders Assessment System (OASys Two)
- NTA assessment or triage forms
- SHP referral form
- SHP risk assessment
PPO Floating Support Service Delivery
The service is delivered through:
- Flexible, one-to-one support: Following the initial assessment, an allocated worker visits with them to address their individual tenancy issues. The frequency of visits is determined by the person’s needs and circumstances.
- Ongoing Support: Ongoing support is provided by the same allocated worker, usually in the client’s home. Visits may be weekly, fortnightly or monthly according to the needs of each individual.
- Assessment and Reviews: Each case is subject to regular reviews by the allocated worker and client. These reviews can also involve the service manager as and when required. Clients can also request a review at any time.
More about PPO Floating Support
The service works with people living in their own accommodation, whether a council or housing association tenancy or a privately rented home. It is also for people placed in temporary accommodation by Islington Council, including those placed out of the borough.
Each client is allocated a support worker., who completes an initial assessment to determine the client’s needs and assess risk and suitability for the service.This will form the basis of a support plan to address substance use and tenancy issues.
The service is available seven days a week, with visits available between 9am and 8pm. Frequency of visits will be according to the level of need,with a minimum of two visits per month.
Each case is reviewed regularly and may involve visits with two floating support workers. SHP aims to work with other agencies in the borough to provide coordinated and effective support.
Contact the team
T 020 8478 8532
F 020 8911 9701