Islington Substance Use Floating Support
Islington Substance Use Floating Support provides support for single people who require with substance use issues in Islington.
We assist clients to develop their independent living skills,maintain their tenancies and access appropriate services including drug and alcohol treatment agencies.
Islington Substance Use Floating Support Service Aims
The service works proactively and responsively with clients from diverse backgrounds. We aim to:
- Help clients address substance use issues and implement harm minimisation strategies, including advice on relapse prevention, risks of polydrug and alcohol use and referral to specialist services
- Reduce criminal justice interventions and offending related to substance use
- Assist in accessing welfare benefits entitlements, including housing benefit
- Provide information, advice and support to address health and social care needs, including reducing risk from HIV and sexually transmitted infections
- Support clients to develop skills, access education, employment and training and other meaningful activities
Islington Substance Use Floating Support Referral Criteria
The service is for:
- Single people aged over 18
- People who require support maintaining their tenancy due to a substance use issue.
Statutory or voluntary agencies in Islington can make referrals to the service. The service also take self-referrals via telephone or email.
It is advisable to contact the project prior to making a referral. The service is always happy to discuss any potential referrals and indicate whether we can offer a service or suggest more appropriate alternatives.
Islington Substance Use Floating Support Service Delivery
The service is delivered through:
- Flexible, one-to-one support: Following the initial assessment, an allocated worker visits with them to address their individual tenancy issues. The frequency of visits is determined by the person’s needs and circumstances.
- Ongoing Support: Ongoing support is provided by the same allocated worker, usually in the client’s home.. Visits may be weekly, fortnightly or monthly according to the needs of each individual.
- Assessment and Reviews: Each case is subject to regular reviews by the allocated worker and client. These reviews can also involve the service manager as and when required. Clients can also request a review at any time.
More about Islington Substance Use Floating Support
The service works with people living in their own accommodation, whether a council or housing association tenancy or a privately rented home. It is also for people placed in temporary accommodation by Islington Council, including those placed out of the borough.
Each client is allocated a support worker., who completes an initial assessment to determine the client’s needs and assess risk and suitability for the service.This will form the basis of a support plan to address substance use and tenancy issues.
The service is available seven days a week, with visits available between 9am and 8pm. Frequency of visits will be according to the level of need,with a minimum of two visits per month.
Each case is reviewed regularly and may involve visits with two floating support workers. SHP aims to work with other agencies in the borough to provide coordinated and effective support.
Contact Islington Substance Use Floating Support
T 020 7354 6637
F 020 7354 0822