Camden Recovery Service
The Camden Recovery Service supports Camden residents who have experienced substance use treatment and/or are living in Camden's hostel pathway.
The Camden Recovery team focus on supporting their clients into education, training and employment.
Camden Recovery Service Aims
The service aims to:
- Help clients access education, training and employment opportunities - including accredited qualifications and work placements
- Promote the development of social skills and peer mentoring relationships, improving self-esteem and recovery
- Provide structured support with substance recovery, minimising harm and preventing relapse
- Support clients with community sentences to adhere to their terms
- Ensure that clients have the full support they need, and that agencies work together effectively to provide that support
Camden Recovery Service Referral Criteria
This service is for people aged over 18 who are a resident in Camden or registered with a Camden GP. The service specifically targets people who are:
- Moving on from structured community treatment (including structured day programmes)
- Returning from residential treatment
- Stabilised in treatment (especially those in low threshold treatment)
- Completing a prison sentence and preparing to return to Camden
- Undertaking a Drug Rehabilitation Requirement through the DIP
- Living in Camden Hostel Pathway accommodation
Referrals will be prioritised according to the applicant’s readiness, suitability and need to access support, to develop learning opportunities or to minimise harm and prevent relapse.
It is advisable to contact the team prior to making a referral in order to ensure the project can meet the needs of the potential referral.
Camden Recovery Service Delivery
The service is delivered through:
- One-to-one casework: While we work with clients holistically to address any presenting problems, this service specifically supports clients to take education, training and employment opportunities.
- Specialist information and guidance: Our open drop-in sessions and satellite advice surgeries make our expertise accessible.
- Structured day programme: Our accredited, modular day programme, Fuchsia, is a four-week course designed to be flexible according to the confidence of the clients.
While Fuchsia addresses individual issues and employment needs, clients also learn to support each other, and those who complete the programme are trained to mentor clients on future courses.
More about Camden Recovery Service
Camden Recovery is commissioned by the Camden Clinical Commissioning Group.
The service keeps casework flexible – using community locations where appropriate and being assertive when required. In addition to the core service, we offer a wide range of SHP activities. This includes:
- Direct routes into employment and training opportunities with local and national employers
- Regular workshops delivered by different industry employers
- Access to specialist support with self-employment and small business set-up
- Basic skills courses, including IT training
- Volunteering opportunities
- Participation in SHP’s social enterprise and arts-based festival
- Two community arts programmes
- Building industry training schemes
Download a copy of the Camden & Islington Aftercare service leaflet.
Contact Camden Recovery Service
T 020 7520 8682
F 020 7837 7498